Their very name takes me back to my childhood when we ate golden homemade waffles laden with butter and real maple syrup. Even the memories are sweet.
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 Nature's Yoke eggs, separated
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Beat egg yolks.
- Add milk and butter to egg yolks.
- Stir into dry ingredients.
- Beat egg whites until stiff and fold into batter.
- Bake on waffle iron until golden brown.