Herb Potato Rolls
Herb Potato Rolls are a soft, savory bread so delicious you might want to go ahead print off extra copies of this recipe.
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup mashed potatoes
- 1 Nature's Yoke egg, beaten
- 2 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp parsley flakes
- 1/4 cup chives
- 1 tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp active dry yeast
- 1 1/3 cup warm water
- 6 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Cream the shortening and sugar. Add the potatoes, egg, salt and herbs.
- In 3/4 cup of the warm water required, dissolve the yeast, then add to the creamed mixture. Beat in 2 cups of flour and the remaining water.
- Add enough flour to make a soft dough. Shape in a ball and place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in size.
- Punch down and shape into rolls and place on greased baking sheets. Let rise until doubled in size again.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 20-30 minutes or until the rolls are golden brown.