Granny's Pound Cake
Granny's Pound Cake is a basic but delicious recipe for you to eat plain, piled with berries and whipped cream, as French Toast, or in a trifle.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla or lemon flavoring
- 1/3 cup oil
- Cream butter and shortening with sugar. Add 3 eggs, beating well after each one.
- Add 1 cup of flour and beat well. Add remaining 3 eggs and beat well. Add 1 cup flour and beat.
- Add salt and flavoring. Fold in oil at the last.
- Bake in a greased bundt pan and bake at 325 degrees F. for 60 minutes. (Do not preheat oven)