Fresh Peach Coffee Cake
Fresh Peach Coffee Cake is a delicious celebration of this seasonal fruit. Go ahead. Pour a second cup of coffee and savor each bite of this peachy treat.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4 cup peeled, pitted and sliced peaches
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Saigon cinnamon
- 6 tbsp cold butter
- Preheat oven to 325 F. Grease and flour a 9X13 baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1 c. sugar and 1/2 c. butter. Beat in sour cream, vanilla and eggs.
- Mix in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/4 c. flour, oatmeal, brown sugar and cinnamon. Cut in cold butter until the mixture resembles crumbs.
- Layer sliced peaches over batter. Sprinkle peaches evenly with cinnamon. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over peaches.
- Bake 55 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.