Eggs Rarebit Benedict
Eggs Rarebit Benedict replaces traditional Hollandaise sauce with a rarebit cheese sauce that is buttery, spicy, sharp and simply divine.
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 1/2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup Ginger ale
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 drop hot sauce
- 4 eggs, poached
- 4 slices Canadian bacon
- 2 English muffins, buttered and toasted
- Melt butter in a medium sauce pan over low heat. Whisk in flour and cook, whisking constantly for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Whisk in mustard, Worcestershire, and salt. Add Ginger ale and heavy cream and whisk until smooth.
- Turn heat off and add cheese, stirring until it melts and sauce is smooth. Add hot sauce.
- Pour sauce over a toasted English muffin half. Add Canadian bacon, and top with poached egg. Salt and pepper egg to taste.