Egg Drop Soup
Hello, Egg Drop Soup. Hello, happiness. Bringing Asia's champion to your table couldn't be easier.
- 6 cup chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger (scant)
- 3 tbsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 1/2 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1 Nature's Yoke egg yolk
- Sesame oil
- Reserve 1 c. of chicken broth, and pour the rest into saucepan. Stir in ginger and chives and bring to a rolling boil.
- In a cup or small bowl, stir together remaining broth and cornstarch until smooth. Add to boiling broth, stirring the whole time.
- Return to a boil, boil a minute or two.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs and egg yolk together. Drizzle egg in a little at a time, stirring clockwise with a wooden spoon. (The more you stir, the finer the egg will be broken up.)
- Simmer for a minute or two, then drizzle a little sesame oil in soup and mix it in.
- Remove from heat and serve with fresh green onions (chopped) or chives.