Crispy Asparagus Fries
Getting vegetables into your diet can sometimes be a challenge. That's why our crispy on the outside, tender on the inside asparagus fries are a great choice; they are even loved by picky eaters.
- 1 Nature's Yoke egg
- 1/4 tsp salt and pepper, each
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 lb asparagus, medium thickness
- Heat oven to 425 F. Trim the woody ends off of the asparagus.
- In a shallow bowl, beat egg and add salt and pepper. Place flour in a large ziplock bag. In another ziplock bag, combine bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- Place asparagus in bag with the flour and shake to coat. Working in batches, dip asparagus into egg, then drop into bag with bread crumbs and cheese and shake to coat.
- Place asparagus spears on a large rimmed baking sheet. Roast until golden brown and crisp, 15-17 minutes. Serve immediately.