Cranberry Yogurt Muffins
Festive and pretty, Cranberry Yogurt Muffins make great gifts for your neighbors. . .if you can guard them from muffin predators in your kitchen.
- 2/3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 2/3 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine oats with yogurt; let set for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, combine oil, brown sugar, vanilla and eggs. Mix well and add to oatmeal mixture.
- In another bowl, mix flour, salt, baking powder and soda. Sprinkle cranberries and walnuts on top of dry ingredients; stir into oatmeal mixture just until blended. Batter will be lumpy.
- Spray muffin tin with cooking spray or use cupcake papers. Fill 2/3 full.
- Bake at 400 degrees F. for 15-20 minutes.