Creamy Crab Soup
Creamy crab soup served with a slice of lemon is the perfect blend of savory and tart.
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 cup clam sauce (or fish stock)
- 2 cup milk
- 2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 lb crabmeat, flaked
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 Nature's Yoke hard-cooked egg yolks
- lemon slices
- Place eggs in kettle and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and let stand for 10-12 minutes. Remove eggs from water. Cool.
- Press the egg yolks through a sieve and set aside.
- In a large soup pot, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion; cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add the flour and cook for 2 minutes. Stir in clam sauce, milk and cream. Bring to a simmer.
- Add cooked egg yolks, crab meat, white wine, salt and pepper and heat through. Ladle into bowls, garnish with a pinch of paprika and serve with a slice of lemon.