Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Chocolate Lovers, alert! These fudgy, chocolate-y cookies with a peppermint crunch are going to be a new favorite.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cup brown sugar
- 4 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 3 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp hot water
- 10 oz Ghirardelli peppermint chunks
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Spray cookie sheets with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix softened butter, brown sugar and eggs. Beat until smooth. Add vanilla and mix.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder, soda and salt. Add dry ingredients to batter. Add hot water. Mix together. (Don't over mix.)
- Fold in peppermint chunks.
- Drop cookie dough balls on baking sheet 2 inches apart. Bake for 9 minutes. (Don't over-bake, cookies should be soft and fudgy.)