Buttermilk Coffee Cake
Buttermilk Coffee Cake, with its pecan-sugar topping, is a happy way to start your morning.
- 2 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Nature's Yoke egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 3/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- In a mixing bowl, combine first five ingredients; mix well.
- Remove 1/2 cup and set aside.
- To remaining flour mixture, add egg, buttermilk and baking soda; mix well.
- Pour into a greased 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- To reserved mixture, add all topping ingredients; mix well.
- Sprinkle topping over batter. Bake at 350 F. for 25-30 minutes, or until cake tests done with a toothpick in the center.