Please your hungry friends with these delicious Breakfast Enchiladas brought to you by Nature's Yoke Eggs.
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup green peppers, chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided
- 1 can green chilies
- 10 tortillas (corn or flour)
- 6 Nature's Yoke eggs, beaten
- 2 cup half-and-half
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cilantro
- 2 dashes hot pepper sauce
- Saute onions and peppers in 3 T. butter. Combine with cooked sausage and green chilies.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of meat mixture and 3 T. cheese onto each tortilla. Roll up.
- Place tortillas seam side down in a greased 9x13 baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together eggs, cream, milk, flour, seasonings and hot pepper sauce. Pour egg mixture over tortillas. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350 F. and bake, covered for 50 minutes.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining 1 cup of cheese, and bake 10 minutes more, uncovered. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.