Black Bean Burgers
Black Bean Burgers are packed with bold flavors, making them a tasty alternative for vegetarians and those on a low-cost budget.
- 2 tbsp oil, divided
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup pecan pieces, chopped
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp bottle chili sauce
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 garlic cloves
- 15 oz black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large Nature's Yoke egg white
- lettuce leaves
- hamburger buns
- Heat 1 T. oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook until tender, stirring often.
- Place onion in a food processor. Add 1/4 cup salsa and next 10 ingredients (through egg white). Pulse until a coarse paste forms, scraping sides. Shape bean mixture into 6 patties.
- Add remaining oil to pan. Cook patties in hot oil over medium-high heat 2 minutes and 30 seconds on each side or until firm and brown.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf, 1 patty, 2 T. salsa and chili sauce (if desired) on hamburger bun.