Crisp on the outside and light on the inside, these homemade Belgian Waffles with a hint of cinnamon are delightful.
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp Saigon cinnamon
- 2 large Nature's Yoke eggs, separated
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat your waffle iron and spray with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the egg yolks, oil, milk, and vanilla.
- Add the egg yolk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in the egg whites.
- Pour batter into hot waffle iron and cook until crispy on the outside. Serve immediately with butter, maple syrup, powdered sugar, fresh strawberries or the topping of your choice.