Bacon and Egg Cheeseburger
Looking for another variation for your bacon cheeseburger? Try this robust, protein-lover's sandwich.
- 1/2 lb thick-cut bacon
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp grated onion
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- olive oil for drizzling
- 1/2 lb sliced white cheddar cheese
- 4 Nature's Yoke egg
- 4 hamburger buns
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Arrange the bacon on top of a broiler pan over a baking sheet. Bake the bacon until cooked, approximately 20 minutes. Bacon should be crispy.
- In a bowl, combine the ground beef, Worcestershire sauce, grated onion and mustard. Season with salt and pepper. Form mixture into four patties and drizzle with oil.
- Cook patties in a pre-heated cast iron skillet, flipping once, about seven minutes total. Top with cheese and cook another 2 minutes longer to melt cheese.
- Melt a little butter in a pan over medium heat. Add eggs and cook to your liking.
- Toast bun in pan and top with burger patty, egg and bacon. Serve with mayo or the condiments of your choice.