Avocado Egg Salad
Enjoy our Avocado Egg Salad and the many health benefits that go along with eating this highly nutritious fruit. Avocado is said to lower cholesterol and blood pressure, fight cancer and more!
- 1 1/2 avocado, pitted and mashed
- 1 tbsp chives
- 2 tbsp green onions, finely diced
- 3 Nature's Yoke eggs, hard-boiled and diced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- Combine all ingredients. Serve on top of bread or with crackers. TIP: The avocado can be mashed in the peel. Cut in half and twist to separate halves. Insert tip of knife into pit and twist to dislodge. Hold one half cupped in one hand; score flesh then mash with back of fork and scoop flesh into bowl. VARIATION: Leave out the Dijon mustard and chives. Add 1/2 tsp. cumin and garnish with fresh cilantro.