An Italian delicacy, Arancini are rice balls stuffed with cheese and fried in oil, deliciously crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- 2 cup cooked white rice (sticky)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan, grated
- 3 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 8 small cubes fresh Mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- marinara sauce
- In a heavy pot, heat about 4 inches of oil over medium heat.
- Combine the rice, Parmesan cheese and 1 egg in a medium bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Form each arancini by taking a small portion of the mixture, squeezing it firmly and stuffing one cube of mozzarella inside each ball. Make sure the arancini is very compact so it holds together well. Repeat this process to form 8 arancini.
- Place breadcrumbs in small bowl.
- Whisk together the remaining 2 eggs. Dip each arancini in the eggs and then in the breadcrumbs, shaking off any excess.
- Once the oil reaches 375ºF, add 2 or 3 of the breaded arancini to the pot and fry them until golden brown and cooked throughout. Use a slotted spoon to remove the fried arancini from the pot and transfer them to a paper towel-lined plate. Immediately salt the arancini. Repeat the frying process with the remaining arancini.
- Serve the arancini warm with marinara sauce.