Angel Food Cake
Angel food cake is light and airy and great served with berries and whipped topping. Cut into cubes, it can be transformed into a delicious dessert with little effort.
- 1 1/4 cup cake flour
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 12 Nature's Yoke egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Sift flour, 1 cup sugar, cream of tartar and salt together.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; continue beating while gradually adding 1/2 cup of sugar. Beat to stiff peaks.
- Use a wire whisk to whisk dry sifted ingredients into egg whites. Add vanilla. Whisk just until mixed. Gently pour into ungreased 10" tube pan. With a knife, cut gently through batter to remove air bubbles.
- Bake at 350 F. for 40-45 minutes, or until the top is golden brown and dry. Remove from oven and invert on a funnel or bottle to cool.