Ahi Fish Burgers
Ahi Fish Burgers are tuna sandwiches all dressed up and pretty enough for your lunch date.
- 1 lb tuna steaks, minced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh chives, chopped
- 2 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1/3 cup panko crumbs or breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 8 onion sandwich buns
- Tomato slices
- Avocado (optional)
- Combine tuna, carrot, onion and chives, eggs, crumbs and seasonings. Mix well.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop balls of mixture into hot oil and flatten with metal spatula.
- Fry 4 minutes on each side, or until nicely browned.
- Serve on onion sandwich buns (or bread of your choice) with mayonnaise, lettuce, tomatoes, and avocado.