Whole Grain Bread
Treat your loved ones to delicious but good-for-you homemade Whole Grain Bread with this recipe offered to you by Nature's Yoke Eggs.
- 2 cup quick oats
- 2 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp salt
- 4 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1 cup warm water
- 2 tbsp yeast
- 2 tbsp lecithin (opt.)
- 2 tbsp wheat gluten (opt.)
- 10 cup whole wheat flour
- Pour boiling water over quick oats and let sit until cooled to lukewarm. Add honey, oil, salt and eggs and beat for a minute.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water and stir into oatmeal mixture. Add 5 cups of flour (and lecithin & gluten if desired) and beat for 2 minutes.
- Add more flour and continue beating until too stiff for beaters, then finish mixing by hand. (Dough will be sticky.)
- Place dough in a greased bowl and let rise until double in size, about 90 minutes. Knead and let rise another 45 minutes.
- Punch down and shape into three loaves. Place in greased loaf pans and let rise to double in size.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30 minutes or until golden brown.