Add some delicious elegance to your next cookie platter by including these Pecan Tarts. Pecan pie lovers will thank you.
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter Crisco
- 3 tbsp ice water
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 3 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Combine flour and salt. Cut in Crisco. Add water, a little at a time, combining with a fork.
- Sprinkle flour on working surface. Roll dough out into thin crust, but not too thin to work with. Use a small circle cutter to make little crusts and press dough into mini muffin pan.
- Combine first six filling ingredients together in large bowl and stir until well blended. Stir in nuts.
- Spoon into unbaked tarts, filling each with about 1/4 c. of filling.
- Bake at 350 F. for 22-25 minutes.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely and store in airtight container.