Hearty Italian Soup
Hearty Italian Soup is the perfect choice to serve your family on a cold winter night. Compliment your soup with some freshly baked bread sticks and enjoy!
- 1/2 lb extra-lean ground beef
- 1 Nature's Yoke eggs, beaten
- 1/8 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 4 tsp minced onion
- 3 cup water
- 2 (14 oz.) cans stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (14 oz.) cans beef broth
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 2 cup kale, washed and chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrots, diced
- 1/2 cup green beans
- 1/4 cup lima beans, frozen
- 1 cup penne pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a medium bowl, combine the beef, egg, bread crumbs, cheese, basil and onion. Shape mixture into small balls and set aside.
- Stir water, tomatoes, beef broth, and Italian seasoning together in a large pot; bring to a boil.
- Add meatballs, vegetables, and pasta to the pot. Return broth to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and cook for 15 minutes or so.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with Parmesan cheese.