Hamburger Patty Melt
Satisfy your entire family with these delightful Hamburger Patty Melts. Hearty enough for dinner yet simple enough for lunch.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 Nature's Yoke egg
- 1/4 cup onion, grated
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 1 tsp liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup saltine crackers, crushed
- 8 slices bread, spread with butter
- 8 slices American cheese
- Mix first 8 ingredients together and divide into four parts. Shape into patties and fry on skillet over medium heat, about four minutes per side. Drain.
- Place four slices of bread, butter side down, into panini maker or on hot skillet.
- Top each slice of bread with a slice of cheese, a hamburger patty, another slice of cheese and then a slice of bread, butter side up.
- Grill/cook until golden brown.