Cinnamon Raisin Bread
You no longer need to rely on the grocery store for your favorite breakfast toast. Make your own delicious Cinnamon Raisin Bread and break out the coffee.
- 2 packages active dry yeast
- 2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 7 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add sugar, oil, salt, eggs and 4 cups of flour. Beat until smooth.
- Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover and let rise until double (about 1 hour).
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a floured surface and divide dough in half.
- Knead 1/2 c. raisins into each piece; roll into a 15 x 9 inch rectangle.
- Brush with melted butter. Sprinkle evenly with brown sugar and cinnamon to within 1/2 inch of the edge.
- Tightly roll up, jelly roll style, starting with the short side. Pinch seam to seal.
- Place, seam side down, in two greased loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Brush with oil.
- Bake at 375 F. for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to cool.