Light and airy, these cheese puffs make a perfect accompaniment to a bowl of soup, or look dainty served on an appetizer platter.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup butter
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 Nature's Yoke eggs
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (plus a little extra to sprinkle on top)
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Stir together water, butter and salt in a saucepan; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium; whisk in flour and stir vigorously until a paste-like dough forms. Transfer to a bowl to cool until warm.
- Beat in one egg, thyme and pepper into cooled dough with a wooden spoon until egg is completely incorporated. Add remaining egg and beat until completely incorporated. Stir in remaining cheese into dough.
- Scoop 1 inch balls of dough and set 2 inches apart onto baking sheet. Top balls with cheese.
- Bake until dough is puffed, lightly golden, and appears dry, about 15 minutes.